jake New York

Guns

gun control

Dear next president,

Every liberal, and every democrat I’ve ever known have always said they think guns are not safe and shouldn’t be in homes. I hear those words and I can’t help but laugh at their stupidity. Guns should be in every home that wants one, not taken out of them. This is what the democrats are trying to do, take away our guns. Well, that isn’t going to happen. You can’t take away our guns because it’s our right as American citizens to bear arms. Even if it wasn’t a amendment it still shouldn’t be taken away from us.

A .22, .380, .40, 9mm, are all faster than making a call to 911. People don’t understand how critical guns are to our country. Guns are the reason we have to country to call home in the first place. No one thinks about the crazy things that could happen if we didn’t have guns, it would just create more crime because of illegal possession of a firearm. The people who say yes to gun control obviously don’t care about their family being safe, that’s just being a coward. The liberals saying “Guns kill people” is nothing but a joke to me. Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. If I set a loaded handgun on a table it’s not going to kill anybody unless a person pulls the trigger. Even if it was an accident, it was mostly likely the person's fault. “What about a gun going off by itself” that would also be the owners fault for not properly cleaning and taking care of his firearm. People who have been arrested for minor crimes like shoplifting should still be able to get a permit without any trouble.

According to google around 12,900 people get killed every year by gun violence. If you really think about it, that number is very small compared to our population. No one really thinks about the huge number that isn’t killed they just think about the small ones and make them seem big. More people a year die in car accidents than gun violence, and lots of people say there is very little incidents where people die in a car crash in the U.S. which is right. So then how can the number that is smaller than that be considered “a big number?” Guns are what founded America and taking that away from us shouldn't even be a idea that come to mind when you think about politics. It’s up to you, are you going to let the government take away what made this country, what makes the USA be the USA? I hope not.

Jacob Myers