Andraya New York

College Tuitions

College Tuition costs have gone up tremendously.

College tuitions have gone up tremendously in the past years. According to Travis Mitchell, from 1995 to 2015, the average tuition and fees have jumped 179%. The prices have made it tough for a lot of kids to go to school nowadays. Some kids who want to go to college don’t get the opportunity to go because they can’t afford it.

According to the College Board, the average cost of tuition and fees for 2015-2016 school year was $32,405. “Sixty-three percent of parents acknowledged that they felt guilty about not being able to pay more for their children's college, and 42% said they lost sleep worrying about college costs, up from 28% in 2014 in a T. Rowe Price study.” Many kids have been relying on their parents to pay for their college tuition, but most parents don’t save money for them. “In reality, 35% of parents said they would be able to pay for at least most of college costs, and just 12% said they would be able to pay the entire cost.” Kids that have jobs and save their money, will help themselves out a little. But many kids today don’t have jobs or don’t have enough money to for cost of colleges.

What else can we do? Where will get all this money if we’re unable to get a loan? The government should help everyone pay for college, who has the opportunity to go. Maybe not all of it, but the rest we can’t afford. Please help us.

Andraya

Queensbury. NY