Nate New York

Global Warming

Dear Future President, First what is global warming? Well global warming is a increase in the earth's average surface temperature due to greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide and methane. These gases are causing our polar ice caps to melt and our sea levels to rise. This is a problem for us in the future. According to IPCC 2007 report, sea levels will rise by 7-23 inches by the end of the century. Once our polar ice caps melt from the extreme heat, sea levels will rise drastically and cause worldwide flooding. Who knows your city might be underwater. Most of the flooding would be coastal cities like New York and Los Angeles and would flood putting millions of lives in danger. Places around the world are heating up. From 2000-2009 have been the hottest decade periods on earth. Global warming is causing colder areas to become more hot, thereby becoming more vulnerable to diseases. The heat trapping gases have been increasing in the atmosphere at an alarming rate. The presence of large number of these gases has resulted in enhanced greenhouse effect. Heat waves caused by global warming are responsible for many heat related illness and deaths. Global warming can lead to massive food and water shortages making an impact on wildlife. The arctic ice is melting fast. By 2040 the region is expected to have an ice free summer, or even earlier than that. Due to global warming and pollution, coral reefs are suffering the worst bleaching with the highest record since 1980. Global warming is also causing some extreme weather changes across the globe. Increasing temperatures will release more greenhouse gases, unlock methane, and cause more evaporation of water leading to many living things without water. Cars and factories our polluting our air causing holes in the ozone layer. The NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) proposed the Clean Air Act to cut power plant emissions by 26 percent in the next 7 years. “Southern California is experiencing its worst smog in years this summer as heat stagnant weather increase the number of bad air days and drive up ozone pollution levels not since 2009 according to the Los Angeles Times on August 11, 2016.” The next president whoever they might be should change a lot of things to make our mother earth a better place. First off lets start of with cars, they get us from A to Z but they do come with a risk. If you don't own a hybrid this is you. Cars produce a gas called carbon monoxide which pollutes the air and leads to many issues like smog. Some. Hybrid are the ultimate choice if you wanna save money and the environment . You may not like the prius but there are other options too, from the Toyota Camry hybrid which starts at 26,790$ To the Telsa Model S which starts at 66,000$. There are lots of hybrids that are actually good. There are even hybrid sports and supercars like The Porsche 918 spyder, Bmw I8,and the Mclaren So let's go green and help save our precious earth. Instead of electricity and your electric bill going up get solar panels they are priceless and they help save energy. We need to save our earth before things cook up and flood. The president should consider about helping with issue that we call global warming. Nate