Harrison S. Virginia

National Debt

Different ways to solve the ever-growing debt problem in the United States.

Dear Mr. President:

Everyday that passes America gets further and further into debt. As of right now, the United States is nineteen trillion dollars in debt, yet it continues to go up. If we do not work to solve this problem soon, there may be very harmful consequences. Many people think that it is an impossible task to lower the United States' massive debt, but that is not true. During Bill Clinton's presidency, the National Debt actually decreased by a couple hundred billion dollars.

In order to preserve the freedom that American citizens have, we must all join together to fight against the growing debt in America. Future presidents must learn from what Bill Clinton has done, so that maybe one day America will be without debt. One way that the National Debt could be lowered is harsher laws on acquiring loans. The United States also needs to lower it's national spending, and instead produce more products to sell. America needs to become less dependent on other countries, and start producing more solely for itself. The United States was built on the idea of freedom, having a massive debt may restrict some of that freedom.

Smithfield High School

SHS AP Lang Blocks 1 & 2

Smithfield High School, AP Language and Composition, 11th grade