Carson W. Virginia

Gender Equality in the Work Place

Women do not have the same rights as men when it comes to jobs. This is an ongoing problem that needs to be stopped.

Dear Mr. President:

I am writing this letter to discuss the issue on gender equality in the work place. I'm sure you are aware of the constant uprising on this situation; however, no one ever seems to fully acknowledge the issue at hand.

Studies have shown that females get paid less than males. If a woman is working the same job as another man, their pay should be the same. A female also shouldn't be turned down a job just because she isn't male.

Women shouldn't have to feel like they are stuck to a standard. Many men see women as "house wives" or "trophy wives," the ones that will stay home and watch the kids, clean the house all day, and cook. Or they're seen as a person worth nothing more than their sexual being. Females shouldn't have to go into a job everyday, worried if their dress is too tight or if their breast are showing too much. It's degrading to be in the middle of a discussion and notice that all the men are too focused on your breast than the words that are coming out of your mouth. I feel that men look at women this way, not just for the sexual aspect, but because they know that they're ranked higher than women in the social scale. If men and women were looked at as equals, than I feel that we wouldn't be faced with so many other issues that have to do with gender equality. We should all be equal.

informed citizen, Carson Wallner.