Anna K. California

Certain Ideas Are Not the Best

I am an openly lesbian student at Aptos Middle school in San Francisco, California. I am writing from Ethnic studies and my future aspirations are to be an independent animator or an animator at Pixar studios. I am hoping to graduate an Ivy league school with a masters in visual arts, that may never happen though if you carry through with some of your plans. I am a middle class child and your ideas are going to make the rich richer and the poor poorer, you are going to split this country into the insanely rich and the horribly poor. You also plan on building a wall. This is a huge problem because your wall could cost an upwards of $25,000,000,000 dollars cash. This wall would not stop the immigrants, though, because most illegal immigrants fly from planes and overstay their visas. The wall if actually successful could prevent revenue from coming into America at border cities and villages. Your trade ideas will make the prices of anything that is shipped skyrocket and it is going to be harder to make a living for all. The fact that you will ban abortions makes it so some child may end up having a crappy life with an irresponsible mother because she made a mistake and knew she could not take care of the child. Your idea to end the deal with Islam could start a huge war, nobody wants that. Your idea to just end Obamacare will make it so for some time it could bankrupt people with pre-existing conditions, like my uncle who has a heart condition, his next operation could make him broke, that is not a good thing. In equality news you plan on cancelling marriage equality, the anti-workplace-disctimination act for those in the LGBTQ+ community (like me), and other acts that will prevent Transgender people from using their preferred bathroom. Trump, equality is a huge issue and what you are doing will split it up even more. To conclude this letter, you have some problems to work out and a country to unite, not divide. In America we are supposed to be diverse and accepting of people, even people like you who have certain morals that I do not agree with. Your job is to make sure America stays out of war unless 100% necessary and to make sure we do not get into a national debt. From, A concerned student

Aptos Middle School

Ethnic Studies @ Aptos Middle School

After the presidential election students in my Ethnic Studies classes were teeming with emotions, questions, and responses. I decided that Letters to the Next President was a great forum for them to be able to emote, pose those questions, and tell Donald J. Trump the kind of president they want him to be.