Desteni G. New York

Obama Care Revision

Letter to president about the Cons of Obamacare and how it can be fixed

Dear Mr. or Madam President, 

Hi, my name is Desteni Grant. I am a senior at East West school of International Studies in Flushing Queens, New York. I am currently taking a course in government and well aware of the current events occurring throughout the United States today. One issue going on in the United states that affects me and people in my community is Obama's insurance known as "Obamacare". I believe that Obamacare is a failure and needs to be fixed to help make health care for lower class and middle class citizens.   

The official name for Obamacare is Patient Protection and Affordable care Act (PPACA). The PPACA was signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010 with the intentions of reforming the healthcare industry and potentially creating an affordable health care insurance for lower and middle class citizens. Falling under the lower/ middle class this situation affects me greatly.  Although Obama care may have some pros , the cons are much more severe. 

This health care is extremely complicated to understand by the average American. When applying for PPACA without a qualification for special enrollment you will not be given a minimum essential coverage. Individuals who haven't had coverage before will most likely not get non-minimum essential coverage because of their confusion. You have to have prior knowledge about health care to successfully be a member of Obama Care. 

Obama care is also very unaffordable for those of the lower class. Also due to Obama care , taxes are going up. Several new taxes were created due to this "Affordable care Act". This also resulted in business firing employees due to this act. Owners are reported cutting hours from employees schedules. Many people are losing their jobs because owners have no money to pay. 

I believe this issue can be solved if Obama care was revised. If this "Affordable care act" was made more easier for the average citizen to understand and didn't require so much taxes from the lower/ middle class this act would be more successful. As the new president me and others of the middle/lower class would appreciate if this issue was taken care of immediately. 

Sincerely, Desteni Grant     

East-West School of International Studies

Government - 2nd Period

East-West School of International Studies 12th Grade Government Class