Robert C. Massachusetts

Terrorism in the U.S

The United States is having too many terrorist attacks, and we need to stop them.

The United States of America is going through a crisis, because we are getting attacked by terrorist that shouldn’t be allowed to be in this country. Being one of the top 10 most wealthy countries in the world we need to spend more time and money on improving security around the U.S. We need to stop this because each time there is an attack on the U.S we are putting our citizens who did nothing wrong in danger of being hurt simply because we did not have enough security for our citizens. How would you feel if you did not act on this fast enough and someone you loved was injured.

America needs to do something to stop people from hurting innocent lives. in the article "America is Losing the War on Terror,"  just the title of the article shows that America needs to act now! As it says in the article “the terrorists responsible for the September 11, 2001, attacks on America—can easily and cheaply spread terror and manipulate US responses”. That shows America's defense is weak and can easily be manipulated. Why would you want innocent lives to be taken away because of an easy fix.

The U.S. government is trying to avoid the fact that the military needs to change the ways they are dealing with terrorism. In the article The United States Needs to Adopt Different Methods for Intervention “US occupation and where the failures in stability operations and nation building led to insurgencies that forced the US into major counterinsurgency campaigns that had little to do with counterterrorism.” This is telling the U.S. that no one cares that much about stopping terrorism. This

means we should change the way we are dealing with this terrorism situation and fix it now.

Some think that the United States is doing the right thing on protecting us citizens from dangerous terrorist but they are wrong! In the article "The Terrorist Threat has Been Exaggerated" by John Mueller this article that says we are doing the right thing to stop terrorism. The article tries to explain “Americans are really quite safe from terrorism” but they are not telling the truth. John Mueller is partly right because not many people end up in a terrorist attacks and we have one of the best army's/National guard protecting our citizens.

Americans already don’t feel safe around strangers that we know nothing about but why should we let strangers from bad places that have people coming to this country to hurt americans. Maybe there are some people who come here to start over but we can’t take that chance since we know what's happened in the past to us when we let terrorist into our country. In the article "The Threat of Domestic Violence is Often Overlooked," they are saying that “Since the 9/11 terrorist attacks [referring to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States], Muslim extremists within the United States, either aligned with al Qaeda's ideology or other perverse interpretations of violent jihad, have carried out five attacks on U.S. These five attacks resulted in 17 deaths (thirteen of these deaths resulted from a single violent act by Nidal Malik Hasan at Ft. Hood in November 2009)”. This is telling us that just one person let in can do more than a little damage on innocent lives.

Americans cannot handle the amount of terrorist attacks. We have do not deserve to be bombed, shot, and hurt we have to do something about terrorism you have to put more time and effort then you already do into stopping terrorism. You as the new President have the responsibility to try and stop terrorist because innocent lives could be in danger. Next president you can’t leave innocent lives at risk of an new change. Listening to us many people will finally feel safe and at home again.

With great respect,

Frankie F. and Robby C.

Glenbrook Middle School

Grade 7 English Language Arts

The seventh grade students have researched, discussed, and thought carefully about a variety of issues that challenge our nation and the next president. Here are their thoughts about what the next president must do to improve our country and all of our lives.