Aryana D. Massachusetts

Equality

People all around the world are discriminated against for their sexuality, ethnicity, religion and all sorts of differences.

Dear Future President of the United States of America,

I would like to take a minute of your time to address a very important matter that I believe should be a focal point of your administration. In today's world we are connected to one another like never before. The internet has allowed us to reach out and instantly communicate with our neighbors around the world and in our backyards. I believe that as a nation we need to lead the way in finding and showing equality to all human beings, everywhere. As a world leader I believe that your example here should be one of strength and compassion.

People all around the world are discriminated against for many reasons. Some are discriminated for their sexuality, ethnicity, religion and all sorts of differences. We need to realize that we are all basically the same carbon being. The internet allows us to communicate without judgements, because most of the time we cannot see those we are communicating with. When you are communicating on the Internet the so called playing field is level. We as a society need to accept the people that we deal with for the good in them. We cannot tolerate people who decide that they don't want to work with, be with and interact with those who are different then we are. We need a leader who will set an example that we all need to treat those around us better then we want to be treated. This is a very hard thing to do and many people will not understand but we need to begin somewhere and I believe it needs to start at the top. The world would a much better place if we take the time to educate the masses about this. The big question that all societies need to ask is that since we were all made to be different, then why do we judge each other because of our own diversity. I humbly ask that you take a pledge to be the one to always set the example for us all. Thank you very much.

Aryana DeSilva