Abdullah M. New York

Immigration Issues

I am an eighth grader and I think immigration should be allowed. Immigration brings our nation to a whole other level when people from other countries come to our country. It increases our economy and the United States gets more developed. They come to start a new life.

I am an eighth grader and I think immigration should be allowed. Immigration brings our nation to a whole other level when people from other countries come to our country. It increases our economy and the United States gets more developed. They come to start a new life. They want to help their family and give good education to their families. Not all immigrants are here to cause trouble. So I think that immigration should be legalized and anybody should be able to migrate to the United States.

Even though I am not an expert, I know for a fact that America is known in other countries as “nation of immigrants”. This is being tested globalization because it makes migration and terrorism easier. My view of this is that no matter what race they are they should be allowed to immigrate, but we just need higher security than what we have now to stop terrorists from entering. Most people come to the United States illegally because of how they probably got their visa rejected to enter the United States. About 10 million aliens live in the U.S. and is increasing by 700,000 per year. Also, this is a sign of how dangerous our borders are and how we need to improve our security.

Typically immigrants come to the United States for better jobs. I know this increases our economy because I did some research and it shows that immigrants are the ones who increases our country's value. When they are here they buy houses and land and other goods which they have to pay taxes for. Even though undocumented immigrants pose no direct security threat, the presence of them distorts the law, distracts resources, and effectively creates a cover for terrorist and criminals. This is actually true because I think that immigrants whether they are illegal or not they make the United States value increase and be the 9th richest country in the world.

I found from americanprogress.org that 20 million U.S. born child are better off financially then their parents. When their kids earn about $58,100 per year they earn about $45,800 per year. This is about averagely closer to the middle class of our country. This is also better for our economy because when they earn more they spend more money.

Also, Mexicans are the highest illegal aliens in the United States. But it has decreased over the years. In 2007 it was 57% of the undocumented immigrants and in 2012 it was 52% undocumented immigrants. Talking about illegal immigrants, over half of undocumented immigrants have a high school degree or higher. And 15% have a bachelor's degree or higher.

I stated these information and I gave my opinion on this because this issue matters to me. I was an immigrant and I know what it takes to come to the United States. Immigrants come to the United States for a better life for them and for their family. No matter what race they are they should be welcomed to America. That is why in the statue of liberty, lady liberty is holding a torch saying welcome the United States. Immigration should be allowed in the United States.

Abdullah

Mrs. Yerou's Rock Star Writers

Mrs. Yerou's Eighth Grade Movers and Shakers

Eighth Grade English Class Lisha Kill Middle School Albany, New York