Pedro V. Minnesota

Racism

We need to stop racism because it is ruining people's lives and interfering with their education.

I think that we should stop racism because it’s not fair to people that are being treated poorly just because of their skin color. I fear that if racism does not end soon, it could potentially put the future for the U.S. in jeopardy of having a lack of education for blacks. People in the U.S. have been making fun of black people .I think the president could tell the people to stop being racist and they can make an organization to help stop racism.

Schools have kids that sometimes bully kids because of their skin color which is not right. I fear that if racism does not end soon, it could really destroy kids confidence in school and it would leave them severely damaged. It matters because people need to be treated equally. Secondly, black people might not sometimes have the same rights as white people. Some people might not be allowed to do things because of their skin color. I think that black people should have the same rights as white people.

While racism isn't as big of a problem as in the past, I think we should still improve on this situation just for the future. In the future kids could be bullied for their skin color which could interfere with their learning and their life. It matters because black people’s lives could be interfered and they would not be able learn stuff and have a good education. I think that we still need to work on stopping racism because it’s not fair for the black people or any colored person.

I think the president should help kids with their problems. If other kids are being bullyied,  the president could help them keep their hopes up and to not give up. I think that this connects with Peace and Justice: Strong Institutions. I think it connects to my topic because I don’t think it’s fair that black people are being discriminated just because of their different color. I think that the US can support them by helping them protect the people instead of not letting them kill the citizens. I think it’s the president's priority; it’s their job to take care of the citizens and to stop racism. 

Pedro Velazquez

I think it connects to my source because I don’t think it’s fair that black people are being discriminated just because of their different color

Chaska Middle School East

Mrs. Johnson's 8th Grade Global Studies

Global Studies class letters connecting national issues to the UN's Global Goals.