Jack New York

College Tuition

my letters about college tuition

College tuition is a big issue in the U.S. College tuition is way too high and is leaving people in debt for the rest of their lives. Young people are coming out of 4 years of college hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. That makes it really hard for them to get back up on their feet. If college tuition was lower than more people would go to college. The tuition now is discouraging people from wanting to go to college. Therefore if tuition was lower than more people would go which would make our society more educated which is obviously what we want.

Colleges charge by semester or trimesters. So if a college is $30,000 tuition and there’s three trimesters than that’s $90,000 per year times 2, 4, 6 or maybe sometimes even 8 years. That is a lot of money that kids are leaving college and going out into the real world in debt.

The U.S. has the most expensive college tuition in the world. Other countries have tuition that is significantly less. With England being 3,000 pounds- 3,800 dollars and Canada being 9,000 dollars the U.S. is way too high. The U.S. ranks 12th in the world in college completion rates. According to “valuecollege.com.” on average kids that have a college education have a higher salary than kids without. According to the wall street journal since 2006 to 2007 the price for instate students at a 4 year public school jumped by nearly $5,000 while the cost of a 4 year private school increased by more than $9,000 in inflation adjusted dollars.

According to Steve Aldan a, contributor college costs have been rising roughly 7% per year. That needs to stop. We need a president that will focus on this and a few other big issues in this country.

Jack 

Center Moriches Middle School

C.M.M.S. Writers

Students in this group are members of a creative writing course.