Tyler Z. Texas

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigrants should be deported home, if they want to come back they should come back as legals and apply for a green card.

Tyler Z.

Views on Immigration

Dear Future President,

Imagine a world where it was impossible to illegally get into the US. In this world the Twin Towers will still be running, also we would not be in as much debt we are today. We wouldn't have to go through the trouble of catching/releasing the immigrants. You need to enforce a policy that should send them home mainly because they hurt our economy by not paying taxes,unknown people, and it also hurts our unemployment rate tremendously.

Paying taxes is the main source of money for the government. Taxes goes towards Medicare, Social Security, International Security, etc. Basically, your paying for protection. About every year, the US government makes about 4.6 trillion dollars. “The US has an estimated 11.4 million people who are illegal immigrants and the average taxpayer pays about $13,120 per year”(Illegal Immigration to the United States). Since Illegal Immigrants are not paying their taxes that's about 150 billion dollars the US government is not receiving.

Illegal Immigrants are very unknown, since they sneak into the US we have no idea who they are and what they want to do. “We have no idea who these people [Syrian refugees] are, we are the worst when it comes to paperwork... This could be one of the great Trojan horses... We cannot let them into this country, period. Our country has tremendous problems. We can't have another problem” (Donald Trump [R]) We have an average of 700,000 illegal immigrants that come into the United States each year, about 90% of undocumented illegals actually work. Is the other 10% terrorists?

Unemployment rates get higher each year because of the tremendous amount of illegal immigrants coming into the US. As of June 2016, the unemployment rate is 4.9%. About 90% of illegal immigrants come here to work. “Of those 11.3 illegal immigrants, 8.1 million are participating in the labor force. Unauthorized immigrants make up 5.1% of the U.S. labor force. In the U.S. labor force, there were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants either working or looking for work in 2012.The number of illegal immigrants in the United States totaled 11.3 million in 2014, outnumbering the 9.6 million Americans who were unemployed in the same year.”(Illegal Immigrants Outnumber Unemployed Americans). Overall, these illegal immigrants are making many people lose their jobs.

Now what if the world ran the way it did right now, if illegal immigrants can in when they wanted and never got sent home. Because of that we are in bad shape so it is time to send them back to their home country.”The president's plan would allow up to 5 million immigrants living in the U.S. illegally to "come out of the shadows" and work legally in the United States.”(Associated Press) Now’s there's a chance for immigrants to work legally, so why come into the US illegal risking your life when you can come in legally and have a job?

Works Cited:

"Illegal Immigration to the United States." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 03 Nov. 2016.

"Donald Trump (R)." ProConorg Headlines. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Nov. 2016.

@DJAliMeyer. "Illegal Immigrants Outnumber Unemployed Americans." Washington Free Beacon. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Press, Associated. "U.S. Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Controversial Immigration Case." Newsela. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.