Stephanie R. Minnesota

Abortion

This letter is about why abortion should be illegal

Dear New President,

Abortion should be illegal because in the law, 18 U.S.C. § 1111, it is stated that killing/murder is against the law and punishable by the law. Abortion is taking a life. The unborn fetus is alive in the womb; he/she has a heart beat, likes and dislikes, and even a sense of pain. These are all things that all people have, so then if a fetus has all of these than it is alive.You can find out more at (www.abolishhumanabortion.com).

(Note, these are all people who I have asked and talked to about how they feel about abortion).Some people say that abortion is necessary because some people don’t have the money to care for the child/children. Others say that abortion is necessary because they don’t have the time to care for the child/children. I also know that in some cases of rape some people don’t want to have their rapist’s child.

Instead of abortion they should put them up for adoption. Adoption is a better way to deal with this is problem. There are a lot of people who can’t have children who want them. Adoption is already an option and there are more people who want to raise a child from birth, rather than from a young child-(Note, these are all people who I have asked and talked to about how they feel about adopting a child)- so abolishing abortion would mean an new influx of babies in the system for adoption for people who want to raise them.

Abortion isn’t helping with the population, instead of having enough people to enter the workforce,we have more older people who want to retire but are unable to because there are not enough younger people to step up and enter the workforce-(Note, these are all people who I have asked and talked to about work). So if abortion is abolished then there will be more young people, like me, to enter the workforce, more money for better roads, and for funding schools like Central Sr High, to help pay for things like lunches, better technology and equipment, to help educate the students, and for those who have disabilities.

Thanks for reading my letter,

Stephanie.

St. Paul Central High School

Approaching Analysis - Hours 2 and 3

This is a sophomore honors class at St. Paul Central High School in St. Paul, Minnesota.