Ahijah Minnesota

School Start Times

School start times should remain the same because it would cause a lot of problems

The school times should remain the same because if the times are changed it will cause problems for families. Proposed changes in St. Paul, MN, where I go to school would have high school students starting their day at about 8:30 instead of 7:30. This will negatively impact teens because they will be getting out at 3:00 instead of 2:00, causing extra-curricular activities to get pushed back causing students to be away from home until 6:00. Students getting home late won't have time to get homework done. It should not be implemented because it affects not only teens but everyone around them teachers, parents and other. All those problems would need to get solved one way or another

The time change would have a negative effect on elementary school some reasons would be causing the little students to wake up earlier at around 6:00 and start school at 7:30 .Having them start so early might cause sleeping problems at school according to sleepingfoundation.org . Also with them waking up so early they would be walking to the bus stop when the sun isn't out yet. Another problem is when they get let out of school at 2:00 which would have them getting home before older siblings and that would cause them being home alone.

Some of the disadvantage are family routines parents would have to leave work and some families would have to pay money for daycares and babysitters instead having the older sibling watching the little sibling(s).my family would also be apart of the effect because with me getting out at 3:00 and my little brother getting out at 2:00 then he would go home alone and not be able to get in the house until I get home and my mom would have to worry if he safe or not or she would have to pay to get a babysitter or leave work just to unlock the door. Another one is transportation because most school districts have a balanced bus transportation system made to run as efficiently and cheaply as possible, any change in the school schedule can have an impact. problems that occur can include cost,hiring more drivers, and remaking the routes said sleepingfoundation.org

Ahijah Adams  

St. Paul Central High School

Approaching Analysis - Hours 2 and 3

This is a sophomore honors class at St. Paul Central High School in St. Paul, Minnesota.