Jasey B. Alabama

Just the Facts

Abortion is one of the worlds most difficult subjects. The world needs to start being educated on the facts about abortion.

Dear Future President,

       Abortion is a very controversial topic. Many could argue that abortion is murder. Abortion needs to stay legal in all states because it is a positive thing in most cases and can even be life saving. Conditions that might lead to ending a pregnancy to save a woman's life include severe infections, heart failure and severe cases of preeclampsia, a condition in which a woman develops very high blood pressure and is at risk for stroke, says Erika Levi, a obstetrician and gynecologist at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. According to a poll done by ISideWith.com 37% of voters are pro-life while on the other hand, 63% are Pro-choice. It is time for the world to know the real facts and benefits of abortion.

       Abortion is about allowing woman the right to make choices about when they want to have children in relation to their age, financial stability & relationship stability. It is the not the place of government to legislate against woman's choices. Many would argue that abortion is murder and it is God’s plan for that person to have a child. This country needs to start educating people on abortion.

       Many may argue that fetuses are babies. Abortion is the termination of a fetus, not a baby. According to The Journal of Neuroscience fetuses are incapable of feeling pain when an abortion is performed. Personhood starts at birth not at conception. Therefore I don’t think abortion should be classified as murder.

       When you become president I hope you will do many things to change the way people think. One way you could do that would be to have classes on the issue. People need to be educated on serious topics such as abortion. If people are taught the facts they most likely won’t be influenced by other opinions.


Jasey B.

Oxford High School

5th Period

AP English Language and Composition

All letters from this group →