Sammi T. Texas

The Underpayment Of Teachers

Teachers are the guideline to our life. They are underpaid and unappreciated.

Dear, Future President,

Today, I am writing to you about the underpayment of teachers. Teachers are some of the most hardworking people on the Earth. Yet, they go underappreciated and underpaid. Teachers are the center of our universe. Without them, there would be no doctors, lawyers, police officers, etc. No one could just wake up one day and become a doctor or lawyer. They all had some sort of teacher guide and mentor them to becoming one. Teachers are underpaid, and they deserve to get paid more.

My mom is a teacher, and she works so hard every single day, yet gets paid barely anything. She spends countless hours grading papers, creating lesson plans, etc. While my dad is a salesman, all he does is fly to places and sell his company’s product. He gets paid millions for this, yet my mom gets paid only a couple hundred to put her life into the kids she teaches. I’m not saying my dad’s job isn’t important. I’m just saying the comparison of the pay rate of his job and my mom’s job is completely different and completely unfair.

Think about it, how did you know what politics are, teachers. How did you know how to create a good argument for a debate, teachers. How did you learn about former presidents, teachers. How did you learn to write good letters, TEACHERS! We would be dead without teachers. We wouldn’t have anything. We wouldn’t know how to cure diseases, we wouldn’t know how make any food, we wouldn’t be able to get a job. Now I know that’s stuff that we do, but where did we learn it from...you know the answer.

In conclusion, I believe teachers are amazing, hard-working, and our guide to life. They are the building blocks to our education. Without them, we wouldn’t know how to read or write or do anything to provide for our family. Teachers should be paid way more than they are getting. If we didn’t have teachers, the world would be a dark place. I hope you take this into consideration. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Sammi T.

KHS Miller Pre AP

Eng I

9th Grade English Students