Devyn E. California

Dieing Every Day

Children are dying everyday from hunger and having to suffer from the day they are born.

Dear Mr. President,

When people are starving they are suffering until their last breath. When children die from hunger they never really got a chance to live.World Hunger must be stopped because kids and adults are dying everyday from starvation and you never know maybe one of those kids that are dying of starvation could have been someone who made a huge difference in the world.

Kids all over the world are dying everyday from hunger because they don’t have the resources they need to survive or they can't afford it. Around 3.1 million kids die every year from starvation. 45% of deaths in 2011 are children under 5. Also in 2013 6.3 children under 5 had died in a year , 17,000 everyday. Africa is the highest risk of children dying before their 5th birthday, 7 times higher than the U.K. When children are starving they suffer around 160 days of illness each year.

One of those kids out there starving because they have nothing to eat could have been someone amazing like one of the best presidents of the united states of america.Like Martin Luther King Jr., he didn’t have an easy life, he was in that time of human history when being black meant you were different in a bad way. But he changed the way blacks and whites are today, they aren’t perfect but they are way better then they were around 100 years ago. If he had starved or died before he could make a difference our world would never be the way that it is now.

Some people say well if they can’t afford it that's not our problem, well it is our problem some of us are having hunger free and disease free lives while these other kids are starving and don't have much time, and we won’t help them.Like obama care, I know it's not focused on hunger but it's focused on something they also have to face. Health, when kids don’t get the vitamins and nutrients they need to survive their health begins to suffer and if you don’t have health care you have a big bill if you need to go to the doctor President Obama created obama care to help the less fortunate. A lot of people don’t like it because it's taking money from wealthier and giving it to the poor but the world and America has become a better place.

All in all, you can see that kids dying everyday and even if they aren’t someone that would have changed the world they still matter. These are serious concerns for hunger.

Devyn E.

Hunger notes”, World Child Hunger Facts, July 2015, November 6. 2016 

Diablo Vista Middle School

Zhebel - English 8

Zhebel - English 8