Carly M. California

Climate Change is Here

Why we should be worried about our changing world.

Dear President of the United States,

Climate change is a serious issue that while we are addressing it, we are not doing much to help it. Many things that we are doing are terrible and affect us and the world.

Climate change is a serious issue because of greenhouse gases and deforestation.

Greenhouse gases have a large effect on our earth because the sun’s radiation is getting trapped in the Earth’s atmosphere. With greenhouse gases, the Earth’s average temperature is 59 °F, when it would naturally be 0 °F. This is causing the whole world to change, with glaciers melting, animals species nearing extinction, and more.

Deforestation is another large cause of climate change because it causes there to be less oxygen and more carbon dioxide polluting the air. Forests remove and store the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, so deforestation releases the carbon back into the air, as well as reducing the amount of CO2 captured.

Some people do not believe in climate change because they think that the facts are not true. While these people can believe whatever they want to believe in, there are facts and true statements that show the world is changing rapidly, and it is not going to stop unless we do something about it.

To conclude, climate change is a serious issue. Us humans are doing so many things that destroy our Earth, and it needs to stop. We all need to do our part to save this planet, for ourselves and the future generations. We need to make this world a healthier, cleaner, and a happier place.

Thank you and congratulations,

Carly M.

“Causes of Climate Change.” US Environmental Protection Agency. N. p., 11 Oct. 2016.

Markham, Derek. “Global Warming Effects and Causes.” Planet Save. N.p., 7 June. 2009. Web. 5 Nov.

Rasmussen, Carol. “New, space-based view of human-made carbon dioxide.” NASA Global Climate Change. N.p., 1 Nov. 2016.

Diablo Vista Middle School

Zhebel - English 8

Zhebel - English 8