Nathan R. Iowa

Nuclear Weapons

ISIS should not get nuclear weapons. This is why.

My name is Nathan Roberts and I live in Oskaloosa, Iowa. I go to school at Oskaloosa Christian School.

I am writing to you to talk about nuclear threats. If ISIS gets their hand on nuclear weapons, say goodbye to the United States. I’m not surprised they are trying to get their hands on nuclear weapons. They want to make everyone a Muslim. We are their biggest threat.

The issue matters to me because I live in a farming state that I would think they would target. The Tsar Bomba is the biggest atomic bomb it has the power of 3,800 Hiroshima bombs. One Hiroshima bomb equals 12-15,000 tons of TNT. Tsar Bomba would take 1,028 of them to destroy the USA. One bomb can destroy a good portion of the USA.

You should care about this because you would be the main target, as the leader of the United States. Your family also would be the target. Everyone is in danger. If ISIS gets them they might destroy farmland and everyone will starve. The smoke is enough to kill all the animals and people. The radiation would render the living places useless.

What you can do is sign a law that ISIS can not detonate a nuclear weapon unless they are getting threatened by countries that have nuclear weapons. Putting that much smoke in the air is bad for the environment. No one should think that nuclear weapons are good. They should think twice before wiping out countries. You should too.

As a Christian, I think that using nuclear weapons is bad because Romans 12:18 says,

“If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” Right now 9 countries that have nuclear weapons are Russia, the United States, France, China, the United Kingdom, Pakistan, India, Israel and North Korea.

Please accept my request and take it into decision. Please choose to save the United States a lot of pain.

Nathan Roberts