John B. Ohio

Nuclear war

The awful effects it would have on our nation and the world

The issue of nuclear war is one that threatens the nation and the world every second. As you may know, nuclear war is the use of nuclear weapons of mass destruction in an all out war. As you may also know many countries have the use of nuclear weapons. Not all countries have access to nuclear weapons but a good number do.

The history of nuclear war goes all the way back to WWII when the first nuclear weapons were detonated on Japan effectively ending the war between Japan and the U.S. Nuclear weapons rely on materials that emit radiation. There have been multiple issues over nuclear subjects such as power and weapons says the united nation’s website. Also there are nine countries in the world that have nuclear weapons Russia having the most nuclear weapons followed by the U.S. The country with the least nuclear weapons is North Korea with 10 nuclear weapons. Russia is mainly the biggest threat to America in a nuclear war.

My argument about nuclear war is that it is bad. An all-out nuclear war could cause a nuclear winter due to the amount of smoke sent up into the atmosphere. The smoke could block out the sun, causing a nuclear winter chillier than the ice age says global solutions. Another problem with nuclear war is radiation. Radiation is a dangerous substance that can kill you earlier than anyone would have died. And the radiation would make almost all of the world unliveable.

Nuclear weapons, or nuclear war would be an awful disaster and any measures to stop it should be taken, such as more acts in the U.N. making it impossible to have nuclear weapons. Also seizing nuclear weapons from certain countries would be extremely effective at reducing risk of all out nuclear war.

John Brough