Bethany D. Iowa

Animal abuse

America needs to stop treating animals so badly make it stop.

Dear Future President:

My name is Bethany De Bruin and I go to Oskaloosa Christian School. And I am in 6th grade. I live in Oskaloosa, Iowa. I am 11 years old

I am writing to you about animal treatment. Dog fighting is a felony in all 50 states. But people still do it, animals are getting killed because of it. There are 2 types of dog fights pit bull and street fights. People even have cats fight which I think is really dumb. People even have pig and chicken fights.

This issue matters to me because I want to be a vet when I am older. And my family is a big farming family and I want to take over the farm when I older. If I become a vet I don't want to have people come in with half dead dogs. I also have over 20 animals and I don’t want them to get hurt. I want all animals to be safe and not harmed.

As the future president you should care about this issue because you might have pets. Also your kids and care about their animals. How do you think your kids would feel if their animal was abused. And you can tell vets probably don't like the issue either. People love their pets like my family we love are dog. Even when pets are naughty, that is no reason to punish them.

Future President I have an idea to help this issue. If people see animals getting abused they need to call the police and be sentenced to 3 years in jail at minimum. Depending how bad the animal got hurt or tortured. You can also start a charity to raise money for an organization to build a shelter for animals that have been abused. And people could come and take care of them and take them home one day. I would love for you to do this for all the abused animals.

As a Christian I know animals are a part of God’s creation. In Genesis 1:21 it states, “So God created the great creatures of the sea and everything which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds and every winged bird according to it’s kind. And God saw that it was good.” Like God said all living creatures should be joined together. Just like people should be with their animals, so people need to stop treating animals so badly.

I strongly believe animals should be treated like family. My family treats our dog like a baby. But other people they treat them like garbage. I don’t want animals going extinct because of humans. Help save the animals who are being abused.

Bethany De Bruin