Antonio Minnesota

Problems with Poverty

This is an article about poverty and how it affects the environment.

I think you, the President of the United States, should take more responsibility in the people around you that are suffering from poverty. Poverty is one of many problems in the United States. From what I see, over 3 billion people are suffering from poverty, and yet you do nothing about it. Many families are not able to afford an education for their children. In order to solve this problem, you need to either make insurence free, or give homeless adults a well paying job to afford that education and insurance.

When children are born, many families cannot afford insurance for the child. This means if the child gets hurt or sick, the family has to pay more to treat their child. Here are some facts about what is happening:

In the article “Causes of Poverty” the author states:

“Almost half the world-over 3 billion people- live on less than $2.50 a day.” This means that people are living off of less than $5.00 a day. He also says “About 400 million people have no access to safe water.” It is also a fact, that less than 1% of what the world spends on unnecessary weapons, is needed to put children in school.

I think you should pay more attention to poverty because it’s not only homeless people that receive problems. Some homeless people are the causes of problems. Some people who live in poverty, break into houses and cars. From past experience, some homeless people can even take it to the next level and start destroying property. A lot of homeless people can spread diseases as well. It can spread to other homeless people, and/or it can spread to people who are not homeless.

So you, the next President of the United States, should take more responsibility in poverty and the health of your country. Now you know the facts, you should be more aware of what is happening around you and take action.

Sincerely

Antonio

10th grade

South St. Paul, MN