Stephen Y. New York

Letter to Next President

My letter to the future president about my opinions on the problems of the United States of America

Dear Future President of The United States of America,

One of the biggest issues facing America today is the United States education system

United States of America is lacking behind in its education system ranking 17th out of the 40 other countries in the world. According to dosomething.org, "If the 1.3 million dropouts from the Class of 2010 had graduated, the nation would have seen $337 billion more in earnings over the course of the students’ lifetimes.” This shows how great of an effect of the education of the U.S children has on their country.

Another problem with U.S education is that the majority of students are living in poverty which affects their learning “Children living in poverty have a higher number of absenteeism or leave school all together because they are more likely to have to work or care for family members.” and “Children living in poverty have a higher number of absenteeism or leave school all together because they are more likely to have to work or care for family members.” These quotes prove that poverty has an affect on student performance which affects how they will grow up and how America will function

This issue is important to me because i am a young student trying to get an education in the U.S and from my experience I can tell you that changes need to be made. Many kids including myself do not care about what is being taught and are not usually focused in class. Also the high standards that are forced onto the students give them anxiety which leads to a multitude of problems.

One solution to this issue is to make getting a good education easier for students in poverty. Many students cannot go to college because of such high prices, or are forced to go to bad public schools because of their living conditions and i feel as if this is wrong. If college was easier to get into or if all school

In the future I hope all children can get the education they deserve so when they become older they can make the future for the next generation as best as they can

Stephen Yearwood

.