Emily G. California

College Tuition

If the college tuition decreased there would be more educated individuals that would go to college, so there would be more jobs, which would help the economy.

Dear Future US President,

Did you ever dream of yourself in the White House sitting on the president's chair solving the United States problems? Students are dreaming of themselves being in a office checking the rate of their patient's heart with a stethoscope or in a classroom teaching students with textbooks so they can pursue their dreams. Every year the college tuition is increasing and increasing, so in 2015 only about 63% of graduated high school students went to college. So, why aren’t the other 37% of student attending college? 

Every year the majority of high school students are stressed over getting a scholarship for college because they don't have enough money to pay for four years about $37,640 just to learn so they can follow their dreams that they have been planning since they were children. Since the college tuition is increasing every year that means less students are going to be able to pay for college so then there won't be a lot of jobs. In 2015 and 2016 the average cost for a college tuition in the Unites States for only one school year is, $32,405 for private colleges, $9,410 for state residents at public colleges, and $23,893 for out-of-state residents attending public universities. 

I think that if you decrease the college tuition enough for a better education it would help the United States. This would help the United States because there would be more educated individuals, so there would be more jobs, and this would also help the economy. This would lead to a strong educated society. Thank you.


Emily G.