Valentin B. Minnesota

I believe we need to make becoming a citizen easier for immigrants. We need this for many reasons, which I will be talking about in this letter. All I ask is for you to listen to these problems and try to do something about them.

Many immigrants come to America each year, and the list to become a citizen just gets bigger and bigger. We naturalize many immigrants each year but with so many new immigrants each year we need to naturalize more of them. They come here to have a better life and work. If they work then that’s just more money to the government.

Of course I am going to give some information otherwise what’s the point if I can’t prove it. According to the Migration Policy Institute (MPI), “In 2014, 42.2 million immigrants were reported living in the U.S.” This means 42 million people are in the U.S. that could be working and making more money for the government. Also according to the MPI “47% of those immigrants were naturalized”. Don’t get me wrong, this is a lot of people who were naturalized but with more and more immigrants coming to the U.S. each year we need to have more of them naturalized.

We need to make the number of citizens able to be naturalized each year to be higher. If immigrants realize they can become citizens easier then they will want to become citizens as fast as possible. Also we won’t have them wanting to leave the country and stop making money which also gives government more money.

This is why I believe that we should make becoming a citizen easier for immigrants. So the government will make money from people wanting to come here to work. Also we won’t have people not wanting to become citizens and leave the country.

Valentin Ballin, 10th Grade

Saint Paul, Minnesota 

Henry Sibley High School

Imm

Ms. Imm's American Lit classes