Haley Minnesota

Immigration laws should be reviewed. They should also be more strict because other legal Americans are having to pay the price.

Immigration is becoming a very difficult and disturbing issue of America. It affects many people of the United States whether it be directly or indirectly. Legal citizens of America are having to pay federal taxes while many of the illegal immigrants are getting off the hook. According to Jens Manuel Krogstad, Jeffery S. Passel, and D’Vera Cohn from the PewResearch Center In Washington DC the number have dramatically increased. In 1990, there were about 3.3 million illegal immigrants, in 2014 the number has dramatically increased to 11.1 million. This is why I think you as the new president should take this issue seriously.

According to Michael Snyder of InfoWars “taxpayers in Los Angeles County spent 600 million dollars on welfare for children of illegal immigrants”. Obama has mentioned many times that having immigrants in the US improves our economy tremendously, but in reality it isn't as great as he makes it sound. These illegal immigrants are getting more throught the government in which was never theirs. They are taking money from men and women who work hard and are legal citizens of America whom pay federal taxes. Therefore we should make it harder for them to get into the US.

Illegal immigrants are also the cause of many crimes. These crimes would not be done if they were not here. Illegal immigrants are costing America a lot of money because we have to house them in prisons. Also, according to Michael Snyder of InfoWars “The cost of educating the children of illegal immigrants is staggering. It is estimated that U.S. taxpayers spend $12,000,000,000 a year on primary and secondary school education for the children of illegal immigrants”. If those illegal immigrants wouldn’t have been here then we would not have to have paid for their children’s schooling.

Therefore new president should take this issue more seriously than it is now. We should be making it harder for immigrants to enter the United States of America. We do not have to complete isolate ourselves from them but we should be taking more precautions when letting them into the United States.

Haley F