Toby Michigan

Abortions

Abortions should be very restricted and only for a few decsionsions

Dear Future Mr./Mrs. President,

I am writing this letter on the topic of abortions. Abortions are a very touchy topic for most people, but I think abortions should be very restricted. For example why is it illegal to kill a Bald Eagle but not illegal to kill our own kind? That is wrong in every way, shape, and form. 

In 2012, 699,202 legal abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting cases. The abortion rate for 2012 was 13.2 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 years, and the abortion ratio was 210 abortions per 1,000 live births. This means that 210 children that will never be able to have a life. Now imagine if one of these children were the next Albert Einstein, or a great inventor. Another fact about abortions is that twenty-one percent of all U.S. pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion (AGI). That means 1 out of every 5 children are aborted.

In solution, I think something you could do to help on the issues of abortions is to continue to make abortions harder and harder to get. I don't think they will ever be illegal because there are instances that I think they should be allowed.