Clara C. Michigan

Animal Abuse

So many animals are suffering, and dying at the hands of cruel or irresponsible people. There is something you can do, however.

There are many issue in our society, but I believe animal abuse to be very important issue. Many people don’t understand how it is a crime to abuse animals. Most people don’t even know it is a problem. 

Animal abuse is a cruel and most people aren’t aware of the problem, or how wrong it really is. Animal abuse includes Dog fight, Animal hoarding, neglect, take out violence on pets, animal hoarding, and unnecessary euthanization. Unlike humans, animals do not have voices. They can’t complain to the government or even tell anyone about how that are being abused. If something bad is happening to a human, they can do something about it. Animals can not. This is way animals need more help than people, or even the government are giving them. 

“Data on domestic violence and child abuse cases reveal that a staggering number of animals are targeted by those who abuse their children or spouses,” says the Humane Society of the United States. This proves that by taking steps to end animal abuse, we can not only help them but also ourselves. This means that if someone were to report animal abuse, that that could help the person's family from potential, or current harm. 

I propose that you should do something about the awareness of animal abuse. It could really improve the lives of so many animals around the USA. In addition to that, I think that a law should be past that requires a background check before anyone can buy or adopt any animal. These could be big steps in improving animals lives. I hope that you have a great term as president!

~Clara C.