Joseph J. Pennsylvania

Abortion Should be Stopped

If you're not ready to have the baby then don't have it in the first place, Birth Control, condoms and contraceptives are not here for no reason.

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on your successful campaign, and I wish best luck to you as you take on the current issues of today, and future issues. Right now, I want to address abortions. Abortions should be stopped, there is no reason to end a baby, or fetus before it is born, especially when there are a lot of effective contraceptives that you and your partner can use to prevent this. That baby could be a future world leader, president, nobel peace prize winner etc. Why end a life because of a simple mistake, you got options, such as giving it up for an adoption, or even giving it to a family member. Abortion is wrong, and should be illegal.

Now, I understand that some people are sexually abused and have babies they may not want, but that's what we have adoption for, and even supportive family members. I understand that adoption may not be a perfect system, but it is far better than ending a life, and not being born in the first place. It is crazy that 1.21 million abortions take place in America each year... That's 1.21 million lives when we have technology and systems put in place, to prevent this. This is scary, and the excuse for this that, "They're too small, and too young to be considered humans" is incredibly sickening. 

I want you to rethink about Abortion, it is a very controversial issue that shouldn't be pushed aside. It is affecting the U.S and our women specifically. Understand that women are not forced to raise the baby, and they're other options instead and abortion should not even be an option, when given a choice to give a baby away or kill the baby, the first option should always get picked, and the second option should be looked at as murder.

Sincerely, Joseph G. Joine