Bianca Pennsylvania

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis is a harmful disease

10/11/16

I am writing this essay to you because I feel that you should put money aside for Multiple Sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis is "a chronic, typically progressive disease involving damage to the sheaths of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, whose symptoms may include numbness, impairment of speech and of muscular coordination, blurred vision, and severe fatigue." My mom has MS, so it is very important to me because it has made my mom become very stressful and partly blind in one eye. MS is called a Chronic Condition, also it is labeled as a Silent Disease, and it is called a Autoimmune Disease.

Multiple Sclerosis is important because, it's a disease that can effect your nerves which is Neurological Disease. โ€œ A substance abuse called myelin wraps around your nerves to protect them.โ€ MS is also the breakdown of myelin as your body attacks yourself. ... โ€œThe unprotected nerves can't function as they would with normal, healthy myelin." "Myelin is a mixture of proteins and phospholipids forming a whitish insulating sheath around many nerve fibers, increasing the speed at which impulses are conducted."

In conclusion, Its important to me that you, as future president, should put money aside to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis because it's a harmful disease and does not have a cure. MS a disease that can effect your nerves which is Neurological Disease. MS is also the breakdown of myelin as your body attacks yourself. Also MS is a long lasting disease that can effect your brain, spinal cord, and the optic nerves in your eyes. Please consider putting aside money to help find a cure. Not only for my mommy but for many other people who suffer from this condition.

Bianca