Olivia Pennsylvania

College Fees Should Be Cheaper

College fees should be cheaper so that all families can give their kids the education they deserve.

I believe that college fees are way too expensive. I see my cousins struggle with college debts, and my parents struggle with the cost of college for my brothers. College being too expensive is a major issue because the average cost of college in 2015-2016 was 9,410 for in state residents and 23,893 for out of state students. Some families don’t have enough money to pay for this but still want their kids to get college education.

Its important to fix this because 35% of jobs require at least a bachelors degree and 30% of jobs require at least a college education. That shows if you want your kids to have a good job and a bright future they will most likely need a college education. Making college cheaper would allow more kids to get good jobs and follow their dreams. ''83% of Americans say they cant afford college.'' That means 83% of kids don’t get the education they deserve. Every kid deserves college education and it would mean a lot to me if you made college cheaper for all families to afford. 3 out 4 American students pay or borrow 20% or more of their families annual income to pay for a year of school. That means it is taking away money from their families to pay for college and that is not fair to anybody's parents. You should make college cheaper so that families have money to pay for them self and for their children's education.

In conclusion you as the future President should make college cheaper so everyone can afford it.

Olivia