Reese Pennsylvania

GMO Mandatory Labeling

I believe that everybody should have a choice about what they want to eat, based on what is in there food.

I am writing to you today not only because I have a passion, but because I am generally worried for the future generation. Today many crops have been genetically modified but only a few are labeled. I believe that everyone should be able to make a decision about what they want to eat based on what is in their food.

GMO food is food that has been genetically modified to give the plant or animal desirable traits. What is wrong with that? Nothing that has been found. GMO food has been around for 20 years and each food product is tested extensively (including long term test) and it can cut down on water usage, soil and energy. GMO can even add nutrition to the plant or animal that you wouldn’t have been found in nature. Despite this many people are still worried that there may still be some side effects. I think we should let the people of the United States make the choice for themselves about what they want to eat based on what is in there food like 64 other countries have.

In conclusion I think that you as the President of the United States of America should make a law to enforce mandatory labeling in GMO products so the people can make their own choice of what they want to eat.

Thank You,

Reese