Lakin J. Indiana

The Criminal Act of Abortion

A plea to stop abortions.

Abortion is a word we hear all too often in present-day America. Abortion, by definition, is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy. Now, what I find interesting about the definition is that it says abortion is the ending of a human pregnancy, but what that really means is it is the ending of a human life. Abortions have become so common in America that nearly 3,000 are performed each day. That is the malicious murder of 3,000 humans in a single day.

Future President, you must put a stop to these criminal acts. Abortion needs to be made illegal. After 24 weeks of pregnancy, abortion can be considered an intent to murder. It amazes me that it is not considered an intent to murder from the day that the baby is conceived, because from day 1 to the end of the pregnancy it is the same thing inside of a woman’s body- a human.

Many people argue that by making abortion illegal you would be taking away a woman’s rights. Do the people who say this not understand that when a woman has an abortion she is taking away her child’s rights? One might argue that they don’t want to give birth to a child as a result from rape or incest, which is one of the leading causes of abortion. Rape and incest are both incredibly sad and unfortunate, however, that doesn’t mean that irreproachable life should be terminated. Children as a result of non consensual sexual activity still deserve to be alive and cared for. Whether it be by the birth mother, or someone else. How can we claim to be one nation under God when we allow the murder of innocent babies?

Lakin