sugeily C. Indiana

My letter is about why abortion should be illegal.

Dear Presidential Candidate,

I would like to congratulate you on your successful campaign, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you do a good job leading this country. The topic I would like to address for this letter is abortion. Even if a baby is not fully developed, it’s still wrong to kill an innocent child who hasn't even gotten a chance at life. Unborn babies are considered human beings by the US government even if their yet to be born. By killing a child, a piece of our future is lost. That child could have been a great leader, scientist, president, they could have been someone important.

Not only babies are killed during the procedure, but also some women. It is very disappointing that over 1.2 million women have abortions each year. As a result 47,000 women die from complications of unsafe abortions and that's 13% of all maternal deaths. I understand that some women get sexually assaulted or abused and didn't plan for a pregnancy. The most common case is when the baby has such severe disorders that death is guaranteed before or shortly after birth. Anencephaly, in which the brain is missing, limb-body wall complex, in which organs develop outside the body cavity, and down syndrome are some of the major ones. Some may even argue that “The US Supreme Court has declared abortion to be a "fundamental right" guaranteed by the US Constitution”. It’s also illegal to murder right? And since babies are humans before and after they're born, then isn't considered murder when having an abortion. Then doesn't that means it should have been made illegal to kill babies!

For that reason, I would like you to please propose a law that states that abortion is illegal. It's not right to kill babies! I would hope that in the House of Representatives the congressmen will vote and agree on my proposal. I hope for similar results in the senate in which it will be taken to the White House. As for the new president of the United States I can only wonder if my letter inspired you and maybe you will consider signing it as a new law.

As can been seen, it is very necessary to write this law. No one should have the right to decide if someone else’s life should be taken away from them. A new law on abortion would be a great change for the united states. I would like you to please consider rethinking this, this should not be an issue to just push aside. Instead of women aborting their babies, they can set them up for adoptions or give them to a family member. Abortions are also the cause of some protests and violence, some rallies have started against abortion. I hope that congress will approve of this letter and make it a law. I’m sure that i’m not the only person who has tried to address the issue. A s the new president I hope you agree to this letter, it is a major issue. Thank You for your time.

Sugeily

13

8th grade

Towles New Tech

Fort Wayne, Indiana