Eric L. California

Stop Illegal Immigrantion

Prevent illegal immigrants from taking American's jobs.

I am a senior at San Marino High School in California. Currently, I am taking United States Government, and I am very curious about how you, as the next president, will deal with the topic of illegal immigration in the United States.

As of 2016, there are estimated 11 million illegal immigrants coming to America from different countries all over the world. In order to reduce these numbers, I recommend that you, in fact, build a border around the United States’ perimeter. We as a country simply need to develop a better security system. This would include more border patrol agents and increase the number of National Guards. This will make the United States a safer country.

These illegal immigrants come to the United States, seeking jobs, escaping their government, and giving their family a better life. They believe the United States is the place to start their life over again. They believe that the United States is the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I still do not know why we are helping out illegal immigrants, if we, the United States, are in major need for help. Presently, we are approaching a 20 trillion dollar debt, and this number is continuing to rise until someone does something about it.

Illegal immigrants are taking jobs away from the American citizens. It's stated that 71.4% of American jobs are taken by illegal immigrants. This hurts our economy because the illegal immigrants usually work in the United States, and earn money that they send back to their countries to support their families back home. This could potentially be the reason why we are in such a big debt. Illegal immigrants are willing to work for less than minimum wage, knowing that most the money is going to their home country instead of the United States.

This situation matters to me because growing up I always had the mentality of graduating college and getting a job soon after that. As time went on, I now realize getting a job is becoming more difficult each year. I have heard of many students that have graduated from top tier schools and can not find jobs. This worries me not only for myself, but also for our future generations to come. I would like to have the security of finding a job soon after graduating college.

Eric Lew
2nd Period
US Government

San Marino High School

Period 2-3; US Government

San Marino High School, class of 2017.