Azane M. California

The Fight Against Terrorism

Terrorism destroys families, lives, and countries, and we need to stop it.

Congratulations on your new role Future President, I am writing you this letter to show you the threat of terrorism, and how the youth cares about America. Last year, my family and I took a trip to Istanbul, and we left just minutes before the bombing happen, and it was a scary expierience and would’ve been life threatining . Terrorism is terrible and needs to stop now. Terrorism is awful because terrorism destroys lives, homes, and even countries.

A world without terrorism because the world already has so many problems to deal with, and one that leaves countries in shambles so they have more problems to deal with is wrong.Countries that already struggle in so many ways financially and in many other ways shouldn’t get affected by terrorism. No country should. According to “The Global Terrorism Index”, the top five countries that are affected by terrorism, are ones that already struggle in multiple ways. These countries in order are; Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Syria. These countries are third world countries as it is. And terrorism is one of the many problems that those countries face and is not necessary and is nothing but terror.

People die because terrorists kill innocent people over their beliefs, and want people to be muslims because they believe that that is the only thing that matters. But the fact of the matter is, is that all races and religions and all people matter. And innocent people should not die, and the innocent people that die are also affecting their loved ones in their death. And terrorists try to make people become muslims and worship muslims when they are really just bringing down their religion. If I were a muslim, I would be ashamed that people in my religion acted this way. And all muslims are not bad people. In fact, only one or two percent of muslims act this way. And those few people represent muslims in a terrible way.

On the other hand, the fight against terrorism will cost a lot of money and puts the lives of American troops at risk.I say this because it will cost a lot of money to get the necessary number of troops out in countries where terrorism has taken over. And it will cost money for planes, ships, etc. And also, if we did that, we would be putting American lives at risk, for something that has happened in the past, and will happen in the future if we do not stop this. And, it isn’t really affecting our country majorly. And as cold as this sounds, terrorism happens more to middle eastern and European countries then the United States, and it is those countries problems.

In conclusion, terrorism does nothing but destroys lives, families, and countries. And we need to be proactive about it, before the next terrorist attack hits. It is up to you, our next president to fight ISIS and other terrorists groups, and stop this madness.

Azane

“The Global Terrorism Index”. Worldatlas.com 3.Nov. 2016