William D. Ohio

Global Warming

Global Warming is a problem that is being overlooked

Dear Future President

A big problem for our country, and the rest of the world, is global warming. Global warming is when the temperature around the globe gets warmer. Global warming is causing sea ice to retreat. Studies show that global warming is man-made. Although it doesn’t affect America that much, it affects our economy.

Global warming is when the temperature around the globe gets warmer. The use of fossil fuels and deforestation are a few major causes of global warming. Industries and vehicles release heat-trapping gas into the atmosphere. Heat-trapping gas helps rise the global temperature.

Global warming is causing sea ice to retreat. Because sea ice is retreating, polar bears are moving down into villages in Alaska. When polar bears reach the villages, they scare the natives, and eat their food. When sea ice retreats it melts and rises the water level. That can cause more problems, because coastal cities will eventually get flooded.

Global warming is man-made. It is caused by earth's industries, vehicles, and deforestation. Global warming is our fault. If we would stop building so much factories, global warming wouldn't be a big problem.

Although global warming doesn’t affect America that much, it affects our economy. Our trading partners that are affected by global warming might not be able to trade as much. Because of that, we might not have as much stuff shipped to us. In other words, we might not get as much stuff from trading as we used to.

Global warming is affecting our water level, economy, polar bears, and temperature. A way to stop global warming would be to make factories only use solar power. Global warming is our fault, so we should stop it. America needs you to stop global warming. So, future president, what will you do to help?

William Davis

Brookville Schools

Brookville 8th Grade Students

8th grade students at Brookville Intermediate School have been studying issues that are important to them. They are posting their letters to the next president in order to have a voice in the upcoming election.