Elizar T. Texas

Contamination in Our water Supply!

Large amounts of a natural chemical known as Chromium -6 is being found in our tap water.

Are you aware of a chemical known as Chromium -6?  No? Well you should. According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) large amounts of this chemical can cause cancer. One of the biggest epidemics we face in this generation is Cancer. It's pretty scary to know our water isn't even safe. They've also found that even small amounts cause problems, such as (skin burns, pneumonia, complications during childbirth). The main source is improper waste disposal methods by industries. Thankfully there are filters that can purify the water! However not everyone can afford it. The only quick / easy solution is to provide inexpensive filters. It shouldn't be up to the citizens to make the change. The government needs to put stops on these predicaments as soon as possible.

Sincerely, Elizar Torres

Galena Park High School

English II

English II students write about their concerns for the upcoming election.