Eric Texas

Gun Violence

Gun Violence is the biggest tragedy in America. It has the highest rate than any other nation. Homicide, suicide, and unintentional happens most of the time.

Future President, 

Gun violence, one of the U.S.'s biggest tragedies. The U.S. is 18 times higher than the rate in other high-income nations. Ii's been affecting schools, communities, and families for over 25 years. I was shocked when I heard of all the stories of gun violence, and especially the ones with young victims that are the same age as me. For kids ages 14 and under, 55% die in homicide accidents, 23% in suicide, 20% in unintentional, and 2% in other. For teenagers (ages 15-19), 62% in homicide, 29% in suicide, 6% in unintentional, and 3% in other accidents. For all ages, 54% in suicide, 41% in homicide, 3% in unintentional, and 2% in other accidents. I understand that people have guns in their homes and they have it to protect themselves and families. But some of the times, they can be dangerous to have around their family members, especially the young ones. What we can do is have better training for gun users and everybody that buys a gun needs to buy a safe to put the gun inside, that way only the owner can have access to it, therefore nobody can get it and inflict harm upon themselves or other people.