Christian Texas

Police Brutality

Police brutality is a serious problem and I am sure that you are aware of that, but I believe that not much is being done to stop this brutality.

I believe there is a big problem going on in the United States of America. People are losing their lives due to police brutality. Police brutality is a serious problem and I am sure that you are aware of that, but I believe that not much is being done to stop this brutality. The citizens of America are being heavily affected by this.  People are not feeling safe, protected nor comfortable around the police. In the year 2015, 991 people were shot dead by the police. I'm not trying to say that all of those people were innocent, I'm just saying that I don't believe that they all deserved to die. I believe that the officers are making split-second decisions, under pressure, about whether or not to fire their weapon. These abusive actions have led to citizens being afraid of those who are suppose to protect. 820 people have died so far in 2016 due to this brutality. I believe that with your help we can put a stop to this problem. 

From, Christian

Galena Park High School

English II

English II students write about their concerns for the upcoming election.