Reco G. Oregon

Brutality of our kind

My letter is about Police Brutality and how it's only favoring whites, and how the justice system isn't equal to everyone

Letter to the next president

Dear the future President,

I’m writing this to you to spread awareness about the situation we’re facing in our country, police brutality. It’s becoming a huge problem. And the officers who did it are getting away with it? No that’s not how it work they took an oath to “protect and serve.” They’re doing the complete opposite.

Our justice system needs to change, our justice system is filled with corruption.

We live in fear of the police like we don’t feel safe around them. And as a African American and a citizen of the United States I should feel protected around the so called “Law Enforcement” not scared.

Justice is something we deserve, something we need, and we’re not getting it. Only whites are getting justice. You see innocent black people get brutalized by police officers everyday and nothing is done about it,

for example we have weed on us and our friend that’s white, he has weed too. My friend would just get a slap on the wrist while, I would be slammed to the ground and probably the rest of my life in prison.

That’s what’s wrong with the justice system, it favors whites. And that isn’t right, the law should be equal for everyone, shouldn’t matter the skin, color or ethnicity.

Every time you look on social media all you see is something about a black teen getting harassed by police officers for nothing, like it’s just normal, but the sad thing is you don’t hear about the police officers getting fired or arrested, they get “paid leave” or just something minor

For example, Martin vs Zimmerman case George Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch, while Trayvon was an innocent, unarmed, black teen. All he had in his and was a, Arizona, and some Skittles. George Zimmerman called 911, with “suspicion” that Trayvon was a possible criminal.

He was told to stay in the car, he didn’t listen. Next you know another innocent teen is killed, Trayvon was screaming “help” before he was shot. Zimmerman was proven guilty during the trial.

Another one Eric Garner, he was choked to death by a police officer in New York, NYPD officers approached Garner on suspicion of selling "loosies" (single cigarettes) from packs without tax stamps. After Garner told the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he

was not selling cigarettes, the officers went to arrest Garner. When officer Daniel Pantaleo tried to take Garner's wrist behind his back, Garner pulled his arms away. Pantaleo then put his arm around Garner's neck and took him down onto the ground. After Pantaleo removed his arm from Garner's neck, he pushed the side of Garner's face into the ground while four officers moved to restrain Garner, who repeated "I can't breathe" eleven times while lying facedown on the sidewalk. After Garner lost consciousness, officers turned him onto his side to ease his breathing. Garner remained lying on the sidewalk for seven minutes while the officers waited for an ambulance to arrive. The officers and EMTs did not perform CPR on Garner at the scene; according to a spokesman for the PBA, this was because they believed that Garner was breathing and that it would be improper to perform CPR on someone who was still breathing. He was pronounced dead at the hospital approximately one hour later. Daniel Pantaleo wasn’t found guilty during the trial.

It hurts me everyday to know I can’t go anywhere without getting harassed by some Police Officer for just the way I look, or because I “look” like a possible suspect they’ve been looking for.

Not everybody look alike, Not everybody are criminals. We’re humans beings, when they take off that badge they’re just like us. Even with the badge they’re just like us, they want to be respect just like we want respect, they have a family, just like we have a family.

They’re getting out of hand. We has a community need to spread the word so it can be stopped.

That’s why I’m writing this letter to you, to spread awareness where it matters most.