Rogelio Indiana

Gun Policy

My letter is about the importance of gun policy.

Gun Policy

Dear Presidential Candidate,

My topic is gun policy and my subtopic is semi-automatic weapons be banned in the U.S. This topic is important to me because mass gun shootings have come so frequent in the United States. People have been being killed by guns everywhere. My opinion is that there should be stricter gun laws and background checks to give someone a gun.

Although my opinion is that there should be stricter gun laws and background checks to give some a gun. Look what happened in Orlando, “An American-born man who'd pledged allegiance to ISIS gunned down 49 people early Sunday at a gay nightclub in Orlando, the deadliest mass shooting in the United States and the nation's worst terror attack since 9/11, authorities said.” People may disagree with me because the second amendment states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."and the NRA (national rifle association). My opinion is still correct is because in Florida you can buy a semi-automatic weapon with no waiting line which is clearly not safe for people. That is why I think my opinion is still correct.

On the contrary, the law I am proposing that people should have a background check on people before they buy a semi-automatic weapon. How I would have to get this law passed in the House of Representatives is to contact the State Senate. How will get the law to pass by the Senate is the Senate discusses the bill in a Senate committee and then votes on it on the Senate floor. Next, I would get the president to sign the bill to become a law.

In conclusion, my topic is important because people are dying by people’s semi-automatic weapon. What I am proposing is that there should be a background check on people before they buy a semi-automatic weapon. I am proposing this because I believe that people need to have background check before they buy a gun. How I will get this law to pass is to contact the state senate to get to the house of representatives. Then if it passes, the Senate discusses the bill in a Senate committee and then votes on it in the Senate floor. Then if that passes, I will get the president to sign the bill to become a law. The next president should focus on this because people are dying everywhere and if they want people to stop dying they should have background checks on people on waiting to buy a gun.

Rogelio

13

8th grade

Towles New Tech

Fort Wayne, Indiana