Vivian California

Gun Control is a Big Issue that Needs to be Solved in the U.S.

In America guns are becoming deadly, people are killing others because of their personal reasons that are happening to them at home. They think their only way to make it better is to hurt others. Most causes of gun violence were those who had mental disorders, and didn’t have their right mind. In 2015 there were 12,942 gun homicides in America. People are getting killed from gun violence. On an average day this year, 36 Americans die every day due to gun violence.

32 percent of Americans own or lives with someone who owns a firearm. This year 756 American children have been shot to death. Half of the Americans are between the ages 18 and 35 and one-third of them are under the age of 20. Homicide is the second leading cause of death among the age group 15 through 24 year old. Each year 4.5 million firearms are being sold, and 2 million handguns are being sold per year. The U.S. is ranked number one in gun homicides. Americans are 10 times more likely to be shot and killed than in other countries.

Gun violence can impact people greatly, medical costs, costs of the crime, quality of life because of fear of gun violence. U.S. lifetime medical costs for gunshot injuries total an estimated $2.3 billion. American taxpayers pay half of lifetime medical costs for gunshot injures. 40 percent of gun sales in the U.S. don’t provide you with a background check to check if you are eligible to buy own a gun.

Researchers also found that “compared to people in other high-income nations, Americans are seven times more likely to die from violence and six times more likely to be accidentally killed with a gun.” Also “More than two-thirds of the homicides in the U.S. are firearm homicides and studies have suggested that the non-gun homicide rate in the U.S. may be high because gun homicide rate is high.”

In the U.S. guns are becoming deadly, In 2015 there were 12,942 gun homicides in America. On an average day this year, 36 Americans die every day due to gun violence. The future President of the United States of America, should work towards making gun control policy further more rigorous. Every day more and more Americans are dying from the cause of gun control not being harsh enough. If you don't do something about it, Americans will suffer everyday.