Martina L. Indiana

College Tuition

This letter explains the huge problem of student debt and how it can be prevented for future generations.

Dear Presidential Candidate,

“Americans owe nearly $1.3 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 44 million borrowers.” That is an issue that needs to be solved. 44 million Americans are in debt because of student loans. That means that that number of people went to college and came out with a total of 1.3 trillion dollars of debt and that needs to be changed so future generations do not suffer that fate.

As a matter of fact, my opinion on this topic will definitely help fix this problem. If we take some of the money that is going towards grants for private colleges and put it towards lowering the costs of public ones we will lessen the debt. If we do this public colleges will cause far less debt in the long run, and if costs go down people will be more likely to go to colleges, boosting our economy. There may be some disagreement for people who want to attend private college, this will be better because they could always attend a public college, where the education is very similar. With the exception of hugely successful private Universities like Stanford or Harvard, this is the correct choice.

In other words, I am proposing a law to lower the grant support for private colleges, and so we could lower the cost for public colleges. To get this passed in congress you could appeal to the democrats by showing how it can help the people with cheaper public college. You could also appeal to republicans by showing how it would boost the economy long term with better educated workers and specialists. This law will affect both parties with positive consequences. The president will sign off on the bill because it is in the best interest of the people.

Ultimately, I want to help the next generation of students get more affordable college. The law to lower grants for private colleges, but also lower costs for public colleges. It will benefit both parties by helping the people and the economy. In conclusion this will affect the next generation of American students.

Martina 

13

8th grade

Towles New Tech

Fort Wayne, Indiana