Malory P. California

Everyone Deserves the Right to Life

Life is a right that everyone deserves, let us protect that right.

November 4th, 2016

Mr./Mrs. President,

I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Malory Patchell. A student at Minarets High School in O'neals California. I love to make art and play my music, but more than that, I love to live life. Life in this country, with all the privileges and rights that it has to offer me as a citizen. To be able to pursue happiness and my dreams.

I write to you now, because I have, as a citizen of the United States and a Christian with a commitment to service, a duty to protect the voiceless. I implore you, allow this same right to life, that I and the whole of the American people have, to my unborn American brothers and sisters. We must protect the life of our most vulnerable members. We have lost more than 55 million children to abortion in the United States since Roe v. Wade in 1973. That’s 55 million unique and irreplaceable individuals missing from our society.

I am not writing to prove my case on an economic level, nor on a religious level, much less a scientific level. I write on a human level. The unborn are human, and it is scientifically proven, so I need not go there. I right from this level because this is the level we all share, regardless of religious beliefs, political bias, race, gender or stage in development. I cannot simply sit and accept the fact that it is legal to end a human life in this country at it’s more vulnerable stage. These children, these individuals are unique, they have their own DNA and their own fingerprints (the child’s fingerprints start to develop as early as 6 weeks into the pregnancy). I fight for the right’s of these children. It has been said that the unborn have no constitutional rights. Even so, must that be the factor that we decide whether or not they can simply live? The right to life is not something that our constitution created. It’s not something that is even unique to this country. It is above all constitutions and laws and ideologies. The right to life is an innate human right, that every human being has from the moment they are conceived. It is a right that we must defend and protect, for every human being.

Please, we must right the injustice that has been allowed in this country. Denying anyone the right to life, the right to be born, is a great evil. This is not “just one of many issues,” this is THE issue. Without life, none of the other issues matter. If we don’t have life, we don’t have anything.

We won’t stop until abortion is abolished. May God Bless you Mr./Mrs. President with the grace and strength to continue leading our country. 

Malory Patchell