Marissa M. California

Let Immigration Happen

“Immigration is a big problem in the world. Some people don’t want to let it happen some do. In my opinion I think we should open up the U.S. border for these reasons.”

Dear Future president,

As you begin being president there are many problems in the U.S., but there is one that I would like to point out to you immigration. Immigration is a big problem in the U.S. Some people don’t want to let it happen some do. In my opinion I think we should open up the U.S. border for these reasons.

Many people leave their country, but they have reasons that's what I am going to explain to you. For example violence. People leave there country because of violence, and they want to have a safer environment. There was a estimate of 42,500 men, women, and children who left their country because of refugees. People also leave because they want to escape war, and don’t want to get involved or badly injured. Violence, and property crime have been going on for more than 30 years. Every year it's going up, and that is probably a main reason people immigrate.

Another reason that is causing immigration is environmental disasters. People always have reasons to immigrate from war, persecution, environmental disaster and poverty, but I feel that environmental disaster is bigger than all of those. Environmental disaster is a natural disaster to the environment because of what people do. I think that it is a big reason because it can affect where people live. How? Well for example environmental disaster can kill humans, and it can cause disruption of human life. Another way that environmental disaster can cause immigration is human health that is a very big thing. Why? It is a very big thing because it can cause people to get really sick, and possibly die if it is that severe.

I hope you can agree with me. Please think about this problem. Women, children, and men are trying to cross the border, to start a new life. Please consider this.

Thank You,

Marissa M