Elizabeth W. Oklahoma

Animal Cruelty

Positive change needs to happen to stop animal cruelty.

Dear president,

Animal Cruelty is when someone that hurts an animal or does not care for an animal’s responsibility. These days we have a lot of issues with this and it needs to be stopped. Not only is it horrible but it's illegal.. As you are reading this another innocent animal is being abused, neglected or forced to fight. The first step to creating positive change for these animals is recognizing the cruelty that threatens them. Animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply the failure to take care of an animal. Either way, and whether the animal is a pet, a farm animal or wildlife, the victim can suffer terribly. Don’t despair, though—anyone can take steps against cruelty. I believe this is a terrible thing and needs to be stopped immediately. Some ways to stop animal abuse is to familiarize yourself with your state's laws, recognize the signs of abuse and be willing to report it. Animal cruelty is illegal in every state (and a felony in 46). If you make a report of alleged animal cruelty, the responding agency is required to investigate. I believe that we also need to stop not only pet abuse but animal manufacturing. The world be perfect if everyone went vegan it could stop world hunger, animals would stop being killed, and everyone would be a lot healthier. Animal abuse is a horrible thing and we need to stop it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Elizabeth W.

Classen School of Advanced Studies

Classen SAS 8th Grade English

Students from Ms. Sutton's 8th grade English classes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.