Robert C. Ohio

In Defense of the Animals

Envision a society where domestic animals are devoured, exploited as beasts of burden, or mistreated at will by their possessors, who undergo limited to no background checks when adopting or acquiring future pets.

Envision a society where domestic animals are devoured, exploited as beasts of burden, or mistreated at will by their possessors, who undergo limited to no background checks when adopting or acquiring future pets. Where animals are used for warfare, used as circus animals, or killed for sport, while people try to ignore these acts of terror on sentient beings. These animals are worn out by their owners who won't care for them, and farmed till they waste away, weary from years of working. This world is one that certainly exists, and you lead a wave of influence that can be made to stop these heinous acts of cruelty.

Though people know of these acts, they can only help at shelters, that without government funding will soon collapse from lack of funds and overcrowding. However, with sufficient funding and incentives for animal shelter owners, these second chances for the abandoned can seriously help with relocation of many thousands of animals while creating jobs for those who work at said shelters.The funding and support from the government on these establishments is vital to curing our country's need for additional infrastructure for animals.

Another key point of support of animal shelters would be to create more awareness for ways people and the youth can help abandoned animals and shelters. Since the only way for these shelters to get advertisements out for more volunteers, our government helping them would certainly boost volunteer counts. Since some volunteers skills are wasted on recruiting more members, the government would certainly help these people to get back to working in the shelter.

The final point I have to plug would be to create a tracking/registry system for people who have been confirmed to commit animal cruelty, similar to the sex offender registry. The system would prevent these criminals from adopting additional animals, and have their neighbors made aware of the startling fact that they are living next to a animal abuser. This system would be made available to the general public to view, and prevent repeat offenders.

I thank you for your time in reading this letter and possibly attempting to instigate some of these changes. Please take some time to read this letter in its entirety, and respond to these issues as you deem appropriate. Again, thank you for your time and energy you will put into your response.

Robert, Hudson Middle School, Ohio

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!