Ari

Abortion

There is always another option.

Dear Mr./Madam President,

I am an eighth grade student in a suburb of Cleveland, and I have eight siblings. My family is very important to me, as is my faith. I am a Christian, and I believe that every single life, no matter how small, is a life worth protecting. Abortion is a subject that I feel very passionate about, and I don’t agree with what is being accepted today. Life starts at conception, not at birth, and unborn babies can actually feel more pain than most adults. My mom gave birth to a stillborn girl at 24 months, and it was a horrible experience for my mom and my family. I could never imagine choosing to go through that, and it is heartbreaking that some women actually do. The pain of abortion is just as (if not more) painful as giving birth to a living baby. I understand some situations where it would be harmful to the health of the baby and the mom to give birth, but the mom seriously needs to consider that she is taking away someone’s life. The moment she becomes pregnant, it is no longer about her. That baby could grow up to do amazing things for the world, amazing things we may never know. Even if the mother cannot take care of the baby, there is always another option. I have friends who were adopted, and I can’t imagine not having them in my life.

I am asking you to please consider defunding planned parenthood, but also speak up for better education to prevent women from even having to think about an abortion. Planned Parenthood got 54.6 million dollars in government grants in 2013. The less funding it gets, the less abortions there will be. Most public schools today teach that you should just be careful and try your best not to get pregnant. Students need to be taught that becoming pregnant is a very big deal, and you should not take another person’s life lightly. There are an estimated 3,000 abortions per day in the U.S. alone. 3,000 lives that could have made a huge impact on the world. Our government was created by Puritans and Christians, and though many things have changed, the right thing has not.This subject is very important to me, and I hope you will be able to address it during your presidency.

Best of luck in the White House!

Ariane